Brief Itinerary: This is a very brief example of our itinerary which will be customized as we gather and create our own.
● 1 Night Cusco: Arrive and explore this beautiful safe city and surroundings
● 7 Nights Stay Willka T'ika, the #1 luxury garden retreat center in the Sacred Valley—serene, sustainable and enchanting
● Daily Yoga and Meditation classes
● Hike to Temple of the Sun, a doorway to the upper Andean world of the Condor, messenger of the Gods
● Hike Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Peak & stay at a 5 Star hotel
● Vibrant, organic, vegetarian meals lovingly prepared by Willka T'ika chefs.
● Use of renowned Seven Chakra Gardens
● Andean offering and transformative fire ceremony
● Exploration of mysterious ancient cities and temples of Cusco and P'isaq.
● Hiking beneath magnificent Andean peaks in awe-inspiring Sacred Valley scenery
MACHU PICCHU FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q. Which flights do you recommend? Any flight you take must arrive in Cusco, Peru by 11:00 am on Thursday, November 1. This is important in order to give yourself ample time to acclimate to the altitude. Please plan your return flight to depart Cusco, Peru no earlier than 4pm on. From Willka T’ika, allow three hours and 25 minutes before your Cusco flight. Ideal flights to Lima that fit into this departure leave Cusco between 2pm-4pm
Q. What is the weather like in the Sacred Valley in November? November is an excellent month for an Andean adventure. The weather is mild and pleasant. Daytime temperatures through the year average in the 70s°F, while nighttime low temperatures average in the low 40s°F in winter and mid 50s°F in summer. September through November (the lovely Andean spring months) see warmer nights. Soft rains at night may begin in November.
Q. Do I need to worry about the altitude? While we need to be prepared for relatively high elevations, the Willka T’ika staff will guide us step by step as we adjust to the altitude of 11,000 feet above sea level. Approximate elevations above sea-level: Willka T'ika's 9,420 feet, Cusco's 11,150 feet, Machu Picchu 7,800 feet. We spend our first night (Nov 1), in a small hotel in Cusco. Getting as much rest/sleep as possible is crucial during the first 24 hours. In addition, we will be provided with nourishing food and cocoa leaf tea, a natural and plant based antidote to altitude sickness. Hydration, calm activities, and keeping the body warm are the best prevention.
Q. Are payment plans available? Yes! Payment plans are available before June 1. If registered by March 30, you can make 4 equal monthly payments or work with Romy for a customized payment plan. The final balance is due by July 1, 2018.
Q. What is appropriate gratuity to give to the resort staff? The resort has asked each person to bring an envelope with $10/day ($100/total) upon arrival to distribute amongst the Willka T’ika staff. Gratuity for our private guide for the week is at the discretion of the guest.